INFORMATION REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR A COMMERCIAL BUILDING PERMIT
***Plans for all commercial structures or projects must be submitted to this department and approved by this department prior to making application***
- Copy of written approval by the Cherokee County Department of Environmental Health for a septic & well system, and/or copy of written approval from town or service district to connect to a water & sewer system
- If it applies, copy of written zoning approval from the required official/district
- One full set of plans, may require design professional seal
- Completed copy of current 2012 Building Code Summary
- a Notice of Lien Agent is required for all Commercial projects over $30,000. Go to www.liensnc.com for information and to register to obtain the form
- a 911 address is required before issuance of a permit for Commercial building construction
If the property is located near any rivers, lakes, streams, or creeks, contact this department prior to permit application. Floodplain and/or Watershed Ordinance regulations may apply.
If this is a new project, and one (1) acre or more will be disturbed, written approval from NCDENR shall be required prior to permit application.
Be prepared to give detailed driving directions to the project from Downtown Murphy