The properties listed below are scheduled for sale at the next Cherokee County Tax Foreclosure Auction, due to unpaid property taxes. The Cherokee County Sheriff’s Department conducts each Tax Foreclosure Sale. The sale will take place on the steps of the Cherokee County Courthouse located at 75 Peachtree St, Murphy, NC 28906.
The Cherokee County Tax Office uses the In Rem method of foreclosure, in accordance with North Carolina General Statute 105-375. Foreclosures are held throughout the year. The Notices of Sale are advertised for two weeks prior to the sale in the Cherokee Scout.
Note: This is a buyer beware sale--all sales are final. We offer the properties on an 'as is' and 'where is' basis. Cherokee County makes no representation of warranty, express or implied. It is the buyer's responsibility to investigate the property prior to bidding. Anyone considering buying property at a tax foreclosure sale should be aware that there is a risk. The County does not guarantee or provide any warranty.
It is your responsibility to research and obtain information regarding the property, prior to the sale!! It is important to note that the deed description of the property or properties contained in this ad may or may not be the exact description of what is actually being sold. The property to be sold is that property contained in the deed description save and except any conveyances of record. In other words, the deed description may include portions of land that have been sold off by the current owner, portions that are not subject to the sale.
Failure to Pay
If a bidder fails to follow through with their winning bid, the bidder will forfeit the deposit and the property will be resold. If the next bid is less than the original winning bid, a default judgment will be entered against the defaulting bidder for the loss.
Properties sold may be subject to IRS Tax Liens, City/County Taxes for any years not covered under our judgment, and other restrictions of record.
There is a ten (10) day upset bid period in which the high bid may be upset by filing an Upset Bid with the Cherokee County Clerk of Court. This Upset Bid must be filed with the Cherokee County Clerk of Court by 5 P.M. on the tenth day after the filing of the Report of Sale.
After the ten day upset bid period expires successfully with no upset bid made the Order of Confirmation is filed and the Cherokee County Sheriff will execute a Non-Warranty Sheriff’s Deed. The total amount of the upset bid in full is due upon delivery of the Sheriff’s Deed.
Purchaser will receive a non-warranted sheriff's deed upon completion of the sale.
Real Property Sales
Review a list of properties currently being foreclosed:
(All properties are sold subject to 2019 taxes that may or may not be covered under this judgment.)
SCHEDULED TAX SALE
MAY 13, 2019
- Bear Paw Views - Tract 2, Phase I Pic Map
- Bear Paw Views - Tract 27, Phase II Pic Map
- Bear Paw Views - Tract 40, Phase II Pic Map
DECEMBER 17, 2018:
- Duncan 18M6 Notice of Sale PDF ***SOLD***
- Duncan 18M6-Aerial PDF
- Duncan 18M6-Posted Image
- Duncan Property Image
- Duncan Property Image 2
- Duncan Property Image 3
- Kinsey 18M67 Notice of Sale PDF **PAID BY OWNER BEFORE SALE**
- Kinsey 18M67-Aerial PDF
- Kinsey 18M67-Posted Image
APRIL 23, 2018:
- Johnson 17M73 Notice of Sale Pic ***SOLD***
- Johnson 17M74 Notice of Sale Pic ***SOLD***
- Johnson 17M75 Notice of Sale Pic ***SOLD***
- Curley 17M109 Notice of Sale Pic RETAINED BY COUNTY
- Lorenzo-Martinez 17M110 Notice of Sale Pic ***SOLD***
- Lorenzo-Martinez 17M111 Notice of Sale Pic ***SOLD***
NOVEMBER 6, 2017:
- LENTZ 17M30 Notice of Sale (PDF) - **PAID by Property Owner**
- PINNOW 17M47 Notice of Sale (PDF) - **SOLD**
JANUARY 17, 2017:
- BRYANT 16M35 Notice of Sale (PDF) - **PAID Before Sale Date**
- DASILVA 16M78 Notice of Sale (PDF) - **SOLD**
- ROGERS 16M79 Notice of Sale (PDF) - **SOLD**
For questions regarding tax foreclosures in Cherokee County or for information concerning a property listed above, please contact Joy Kephart (email) at 828-837-2421, Option 2