Make a Plan
You and your family members may not be in the same place when an emergency happens. It is important to plan ahead and talk about what you will do before, during and after an emergency. You need to talk about how will you get to a safe place, get in touch with each other and get back to each other. Download the Family Emergency Plan
Your plan should contain:
- Phone numbers of a pre-assigned contact person for family members to call
- List of where to find information on shelters (television, radio, this website, ReadyNC mobile app)
- How to be safe if you stay in your home during an emergency
- What to do with your pets
- Thoughts about any older adults or those with functional needs in the home
Mold your plans for your family’s needs. Think about creating a group of neighbors, friends or family to help each other in emergencies. Talk how that group can help each other connect, care for children, pets or other needs.
Knowing how you will respond to an emergency at home, school or work will help you remain calm, think clearly and react well.
Being ready helps you and your family. It also lowers the workload of fire fighters, police and emergency medical workers.
To access full website click here