We have reprinted "Our Heritage" by Margaret Walker Freel. The cost is $15 plus $6 for shipping and handling.
Featuring history of Cherokee County, the Museum has more than 2,000 authentic artifacts of the Cherokee Indians on display.
An elevator and a handicap bathroom are available for those who may need it.
- Cherokee County Heritage Books Volume 1, 2, & 3: $45.00 each.
- Our Heritage by Margaret Freel: $15.00
- Marble and Log: $20.00
- Cherokee County Pictorial I & II: $25.00
- Books by local authors, such as Wally Avett, Bass Hyatt, Charles Frazier and more
- Native American jewelry, pottery & baskets $5.00-$150.00 (made locally)
Shipping is $7
Some items on display include:
- Game stones
- Houseware items
- Tools from early settlers
Also featured is a collection of more than 800 dolls, the oldest doll dating back around 1865. The following dolls are in our collection:
- Dolly Parton
- Elvis Presley
- Fred Astaire
- John Wayne
- Princess Diana
- Princess Grace
- Scarlet O'Hara
- Shirley Temple
- And many more
Along with a mineral collection we have the following items in abundance:
- Fairy crosses
- Marble (Staurolite)
- Quartz crystal
The museum reflects the life of the Cherokee Indian during the time of the Cherokee Nation before their removal along the "Trail of Tears" to Oklahoma.